Friday, March 12, 2010

Self Confessed MAC Addict...


I wasn't tagged to do this or anything, I just thought it would give you guys a better idea of me and I like answering questions so it was fun! I put a few photos of today at the bottom too =]

____________________

How many times do you wash your face daily?
Twice.. Once in the shower in the morning, once before bed (whether I've had makeup on or not!)

What skin type do you have?
Combination normally, though I get the occasional dryness if something irritates my skin.
What is your current facial wash?
MAC Green Gel Cleanser - this stuff is a miracle!

Do you exfoliate?
Yes, normally every 3-4 days depending on how my skin feels. I don't do it if I don't need it.

What brand do you use?
MAC Microfine Refinisher. Yes I am a MAC addict, I found a brand I trust and I'm sticking with it.

What moisturizer do you use?
MAC Studio Moisture Fix SPF15 or MAC Strobe Cream. It depends on the foundation I'm using.

Do you have freckles?
A few randoms but not particularly.

Do you use eye cream?
I think I'm pretty young to use this stuff but prevention is better than a fix. I use MAC Fast Response Eye Cream.
Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Not really. I get flare ups in the same places (chin, forehead and hollows of cheeks) when I get a breakout but I consider myself to have been very, very lucky considering what I have seen some of my friends go through with skin problems.

Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
No, I've never really had bad enough skin to consider a system like this. Plus I had a friend use it and she said it just stripped her skin, dried it out and ultimately made her look worse!

Make-Up


What foundation do you use?
MAC Studio Fix Fluid or MAC Mineralize Satinfinish. It depends on the look I'm going for, what I'm doing and where I'm going.


How about concealer?
MAC Select Moisturecover. It's amazing for skin that can get on the drier side.


Do you know your undertone colour?
Warm yellow.


What do you think of false eyelashes?
I love them! They can give you that little bit of glamour to an everyday look or they can spice up an evening look! I can't imagine life without my treasured falsies!


Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes, but does anyone actually do that? There's 'expiry dates' for everything makeup.. even eyeshadow.. could anyone really afford to replace every eyeshadow they own every 12-18 months? What would happen to the limited editions!! I just use stuff until it runs out, doesn't work or goes yucky. Or until I find something better =]


What brand of mascara do you use?
MAC Splashproof Lash if I'm going near water, MAC Zoom Lash with my falsies, MAC Plush Lash on its own. I also like Rimmel London's Sexy Curves and Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara. Plus I adore Benefit's BadGal Lash in Blue and Black!


Sephora or MAC?
MAC.. duh..


Do you have a MAC pro-card?
One day..

What make-up tools do you use in make up application?
My MAC brushes, brushes are the best makeup investment.

Do you use make up base/primer for the eyes?
MAC's Paint Pots do the trick

For the face?
Can you guess? MAC Prep+Prime of course.

What is your favourite eyeshadow (colour or shade)?
Right now I'm in love with Modelette, Chamomile and Mulled Cider from MAC's Warm and Cozy collection. But the classic favourites (and fail-safes) are Phloof! and Sketch.

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
Totally depends on the look.

How often do you poke your eyes with a pencil eyeliner?
Not often. Though my eyes tend to water a lot for no reason when I do my waterline with pencil.

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
Messy, messy, messy, messy. But when you have the time to do them right and clean up after they can be far more vibrant than eyeshadows.

Do you use mineral make-up?
I always set with a mineral powder, occasionally use a mineral foundation. It just depends.

What is your favourite lipstick?
MAC's Creme Cup is the current favourite. I smells lush too!

How about lipgloss?
Got to say I'm not a big fan of gloss at all. I hate the feeling of it coming off or getting on everything. I tend to use a frost or creme lipstick if I want that kind of look

What is your favourite blush to use?
MAC's Peach Twist is a love of mine, but I'll wear any good shade from anywhere if it lasts.

Do you buy your makeup on Ebay?
Tried it for brushes a while a go, got some really awesome ones and some really awful ones. It's completely luck of the draw so I tend to not to use it unless it's ridiculously cheap and I wouldn't mind losing the money.

Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yes. I only use MAC so much because I know I won't break out while using it and I'm willing to pay for a product I trust. But I really want to do a series with less expensive brands..

Do you go to CCO's (cosmetic company outlets)?
Have done, but it's a trek to get to any from where I live so they aren't really worth it around here.

Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
I have a friend who is a professional artist so she teaches me =]

Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I used to be, I like to think I have improved.

Name a makeup crime that you hate
Overdoing it. Especially when the girl (or guy) acts like they look 'fab-u-lous dahhhlinnggg' when they really, really don't and everyone knows it but them! Think orange face & hot pink blush :s

Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick, eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
Both.. my makeup totally depends on my mood.

Which celebrity always has great make up?
I don't think anyone gets it right all the time.. but I like people who take risks with their look, like Katie Perry & Katie Price, but I also think classic, chic, understated glamour is gorgeous, think Nicole Kidman & Kate Winslet.

If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item, what would you use?
Fake tan.. (I think it's a form of makeup) A healthy glow does wonders for your look.

Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes. I think I would be uncomfortable but I could do it.

Do you think you look good without any make up on?
If I have a tan I don't think I look too bad, but in comparison to when I wear makeup I definately prefer myself with my makeup.

In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
This really should be obvious. For me, out of everything I have tried, MAC works the best. But that's just me, other brands are likely to work better for other people otherwise they wouldn't exist!

What do you think of make up?
It's my form of self expression. You can always tell my mood from my makeup, and since I have little artistic talent in drawing on paper or painting, skin is my ever re-usable canvas.


____________________
On another note I was really pleased with how I applied my lashes today and they lasted comfortably well over 15 hours, just thought I would show you guys for fun =] (Again.. sorry for the picture quality, it was midnight and I was rushing to get ready for bed! Ignore the eyeshadowy smudgy mess.. like I said this was about 15 hours after I did my make up and I didn't touch up once!)

15 hours in and still holding strong
left eye close up
Hope you are all well!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I really love reading and replying to what you have to say, and I honestly appreciate the time you take to leave your thoughts. However if you don't have anything nice to say or you're just here to chuck insults around, please keep it to yourself ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails