Monday, April 19, 2010

Illamasqua & MAC Mini-Haul

So here are the results of my little shopping expedition to Selfridges & Co. last Saturday.. After reading all your raves about Illamasqua I decided to go ahead and try out a few bits and bobs!


Illamasqua Medium Pencil in Spell


Illamasqua Lipstick in Ignite 


MAC Lustreglass in Flusterose


Definately a mini-haul.. I also bought MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage :) I ran out in Disneyland so I had to get some more, it's my go to product & I use it everyday without fail!

And some swatches:

Illamasqua Medium Pencil in Spell
Illamasqua Lipstick in Ignite

MAC Lustreglass in Flusterose

I'm really, really, really impressed with these products. I'm new to Illamasqua, but the staying power of the pencil and lipstick is insane, especially since I don't have a lip primer or anything. And as much of a MAC Addict as I am, this is my first lipgloss, as I've never really been a fan. One of my biggest makeup peeves is sticky lippy, but I've heard really good things about MAC and I'm not disappointed at all! Plus this colour is gorgeous!! Lip swatches to come I promise!!


Oooohhh and I got a job at Starbucks today!! Wooohoooo!! I've been trying for Benefit for ages, but the keep screwing me around and not returning my calls. Do I really want to work for a manager who leaves me a message to call her, then doesn't pick up her phone for 4 days.. no maybe not. Well sorry for the rant, I'm sick of being mucked around, but I'm happy I have a full time job now! But I promise I won't neglect all you lovlies!!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Get out whilst you still can! I work for SB! I hate it now, after 18 months. only 12 of them or so full-time...but I think that if you work somewhere busy, it isn't worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much money do you make tho? I had a good time on my trial day, and if I've done my math right I'll be earning upwards of £600 a month.. Our local shop isn't horrendously busy so hopefully I'll be okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi beautiful,
    I have no idea, to be honest, I think I was just lucky.
    I made an enquiry about Illamasqua in Italy and about the cream shadows being discontinued, and I think that, as Alex was already sending products to the bloggers who were supposed to attend the even, she would send 2 to me as well, as they will not open a counter in Italy in at least 1 year.

    She has also told me that they do not usually send anything to bloggers, because they believe in interaction in person, more than sending samples... So, yes, I was lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I really love reading and replying to what you have to say, and I honestly appreciate the time you take to leave your thoughts. However if you don't have anything nice to say or you're just here to chuck insults around, please keep it to yourself ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails